One of MotoAmerica’s “fierce females,” Jamie Astudillo finished on the Liqui Moly Junior Cup podium in race two at Road Atlanta in 2018, and she is one of only two females thus far out of the five MotoAmerica race classes to notch a podium result. We caught up with Astudillo between off-season training sessions and asked her “The Friday 5.” Here are her answers:
1. What are your road racing plans for 2020?
I’m hoping that I’ll be racing Junior Cup again but it’s still in the planning stages.
2. You and Dallas Daniels are, as they say, an item. What did you get Dallas for Christmas, and what did he get you?
I got him a pair of socks with my face on them, and he got me some air pods.
3. What is the funniest thing that (Quarterley Racing On Track Development team owner) Dale Quarterley has ever said to you?
He says a lot of really funny things, but probably the funniest thing he likes to say is that Junior Cup bikes have to be kept in the low-rpm range because that’s where they generate the most power. So Dale would always tell us that it’s like going to the bathroom “number two” because you have to really grunt to make any progress.
4. Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?
To train a little harder and focus on my riding a little bit more.
5. Do you have a go-to song that you like to listen to before you take to the starting grid?
At every round, I have to switch songs because I play one song over and over again till I get sick of it. So, I have to change up my pre-race song quite a bit.
Bonus Question: Have you ever been to Astudillo in Palencia, Spain?
No, I didn’t even know it existed! I’m hoping to do a race in Spain this year, though, so I’ll have to try to visit that town.
To purchase tickets for all MotoAmerica events, click HERE
For information on how to watch the MotoAmerica Series, click HERE
For the full 2020 MotoAmerica Series schedule, click HERE